Saturday, August 26, 2006

College...

So I started college this week at Columbia Union College in Washington DC, and so far everything has been good. I guess at first college is supposed to be pretty hectic, and already I'm starting to feel the pressure. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit lost amongst this cosmopolitan city. Due to the fact that Cleveland is located in the West (or was West in the 1800's), it has the benefit of being a recipient of the Northwest Ordinance, and therefore has pretty straightforward streets that practically only go in one direction. DC on the other hand, does not, and also has the pleasure of having multiple streets with the same name. Needless to say, I'm lost.

But other than that, college has been pretty good. Me and my roommate, James, actually have a lot in common, the only major difference is that he's a bit more disciplined than me when it comes to getting stuff done. I'm a true procrastinator at heart. But its a really good match.

My printer doesn't work, but I did call text support and talk to a wonderful guy in New Delhi. He told me all about India, like what happened with the Mumbai train bombings, to festivals, to the best time to go to India (during our Fall). Then I told him all about America, like Broadway, Las Vegas, the origins of Thanksgiving, and the craziest day of shopping (the day after thanksgiving). It was a good tech support call, yet my printer is still broken.