President Bush a Leader of Moral Ambiguity
Well as most of us learned this week, the President lost his veto-ginity this week on the debate over Stem Cell Research. He did it because "It crosses a moral boundary that our decent society needs to respect, so I vetoed it." So Mr. President what is this moral boundary that you are talking about? "This bill would support the taking of innocent human life of the hope of finding medical benefits for others"Hmm...
Now I don't know how you feel about Stem Cell Research, and I haven't done enough research on the subject to fully give my own opinion on it, but I do see a major problem in the President's argument. In Logic this would be called an Ambiguity Fallacy. See our President talks about how wrong it is to take innocent life when it is still in cell form, yet has no problem with it when it is in full human form.
I was talking about this to Brendan today at Wendy's when he reminded me of Derek Webb's song "My enemies are men like me" where he says:
"peace by way of war is like purity by way of fornication
it’s like telling someone murder is wrong
and then showing them by way of execution"
How true. Even Jon Stewart picked up on this: